Image courtesy of Cooltext.com

This is the old site. Click the title to go to the new Shoot a Liberal.

*Disclaimer: Don't actually shoot liberals... Impaling is much more satisfying. But then again, there's always walking the plank...

Sunday, February 19, 2006

What's an HTML?

Anyone who has been to this site before knows that I just updated the header so that the colors in the title graphic match the background. Why did it take me so long? Well I'm still getting the hang of this HTML thing. I know that I could have asked Basil how to fix it, but pride forced me to figure it out on my own.

5 months later and I finally figure out that the letters and numbers following 'background:' and 'color:' are actually hexadecimal that can easily be converted into RGB format.

Anyone not familiar with what hexadecimal is, it is simply a number system that is base 16 (0-9,a-f). That means that a color code such as #ff00ee equates to 255,0,238 (f is 15 so F0 = 15 * 16 and FF = 15 * 16 + 15 (confused yet?)). Using this method, I was able to convert the HTML color code for the header into RGB and use it to make a new graphic.

I am officially a nerd now. Time to shop for pocket protectors.

Linked to Point Five, Jo's Cafe, Right Wing Nation



Day By Day© by Chris Muir.