Image courtesy of Cooltext.com

This is the old site. Click the title to go to the new Shoot a Liberal.

*Disclaimer: Don't actually shoot liberals... Impaling is much more satisfying. But then again, there's always walking the plank...

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Can I Have One?

Photo by Gary Thompson.
It looks as though the US Air Force will be retiring the F-117 stealth fighter 3 years earlier than originally planned. 52 planes total are destined for either museums or the 'Boneyard' aka Davis-Monthan Air Force Base near Tucson, Ariz.
The Nighthawks are priced at $45 million apiece, not counting costs for research and development, according to an Air Force fact sheet.
Okay, so instead of sending these beauties to the dump, let me have just one. That's not much to ask, is it? I'd be really good to it. Please?!

I absolutely hate to see these engineering marvels rust away. I never could afford the price tag, but I'm sure someone out there could. Get 'em on eBay and sell to the highest bidder (with proper US citizenship). Take the money and give it to the hurricane victims or use it to fund educational programs for kids.

C'mon, do I have to think of everything for you government types?



Day By Day© by Chris Muir.