Image courtesy of Cooltext.com

This is the old site. Click the title to go to the new Shoot a Liberal.

*Disclaimer: Don't actually shoot liberals... Impaling is much more satisfying. But then again, there's always walking the plank...

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Very Interesting

Cruising though the R.J. today and I find an article about an 18-year-old kid who is running for the Nevada Board of Regents.
Nathaniel "Nate" Waugh is challenging Regent Linda Howard to represent District 1, which spans most of North Las Vegas.

"I've never run a political campaign outside of student council," said Waugh, in announcing his candidacy for the board that oversees the state's colleges and universities.
My curiosity peaked, I Google the kid and find his MySpace account. Regretfully, it is filled with childish ranting as so many MySpace accounts are prone to contain.

Nate, get rid of the MySpace account. If you want people to take you seriously, you need to stop with the kiddie stuff. The official campaign site isn't bad, but when the voting public goes in search of information, you don't want to look anything other than professional.
He said his campaign will focus on increasing the number of international students on Nevada campuses and dealing with growth.

"It's not a joke," he said. "It's not a civics project. We're in it to win. We're prepared to do everything."
I'm hoping to learn more about this guy as elections come closer, but as far as what his favorite pizza topping is, I am not interested.

UPDATE: The MySpace account has been cleaned up considerably. I also received an email from Nate thanking me for my interest. (Who knew that anyone actually read this thing...) As the campaign goes into full swing, I'll be providing updates to you, my loyal readers.

Maybe I'll even get an interview in. Stay tuned...



Day By Day© by Chris Muir.