Image courtesy of Cooltext.com

This is the old site. Click the title to go to the new Shoot a Liberal.

*Disclaimer: Don't actually shoot liberals... Impaling is much more satisfying. But then again, there's always walking the plank...

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

To Senator Reid: Open Mouth, Insert Foot.

Do we have to continue to accept Harry Reid's apologies? So far he has apologized to Republican senators for misusing his 'war room'. Now it appears that he has managed to gain the ire of a Italian-American group, the Columbus Citizens Foundation of New York City.

How? By opening his mouth.
"Having Senator Santorum talk about reform is like having John Gotti talk about doing something about organized crime," Reid said.
Santorum... isn't that name Italian?
"Senator Reid's callous comment is shocking, unjust and inappropriate since it invokes the specter of organized crime in a criticism of an Italian-American," foundation president Louis Tallarini said.

"On behalf of the Columbus Citizens Foundation and the estimated 26 million Italian-American citizens of this country, we demand an apology from Senator Reid."
Okay, so it might be a little over the top. I doubt that Reid's intention was to relate Santorum to the mafia, but it goes to show that in this war of words that the Liberal left has started, all is fair game. In a way, it's kinda funny.

Louis Tallarini: What do you mean I'm funny?

Me: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.
[laughs]

Louis Tallarini: what do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?

Me: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.

Louis Tallarini: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?

Rick Santorum: Louis no, You got it all wrong.

Louis Tallarini: Oh, oh, Rick. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?

Me: Jus...

Louis Tallarini: What?

Me: Just... ya know... you're funny.

Louis Tallarini: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f**ked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to f**kin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Me: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?

Louis Tallarini: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the f**k am I funny, what the f**k is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!

Me: [long pause] Get the f**k out of here, Louis!

Louis Tallarini: [everyone laughs] Ya motherf**ker! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering pr**k ya. Rick, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Sean. You may fold under questioning.

(My apologies to Goodfellas)

I'm picnicing at Basil's again!



Day By Day© by Chris Muir.