Image courtesy of Cooltext.com

This is the old site. Click the title to go to the new Shoot a Liberal.

*Disclaimer: Don't actually shoot liberals... Impaling is much more satisfying. But then again, there's always walking the plank...

Friday, November 11, 2005

Bullet-proof Vest for the Mascot

Last night was the regional semifinals for the Clark County high school football teams. Cimarron-Memorial is in the Sunset region and they won last night's game vs. Cheyenne High School. My stepson is the mascot for Cimarron-Memorial and as such, he had a wonderful time. My wife was also in attendance with our 1 year-old. During the game, my wife heard what sounded like fireworks in the parking lot. Today, we found out that it was, in fact, gunshots.

It was some idiot gang members trying to kill each other in a drive-by. Luckily no one was hurt.

I want my family to feel safe, especially at something as wholesome as a high school football game. I support the use of metal detectors at the gates and having armed security to make suer everyone behaves. Unfortunately, now I have to worry about the s***-head gang members driving down the street next to the school.

I have the solution for this. Put all of the rival gang members inside Sam Boyd stadium and surround the field with bullet-proof glass. Give them each a handgun with 5 rounds and let them at each other. Last one standing gets $1,000,000 but has to leave town. I'm sure there wouldn't be an empty seat in the stadium.

Cross-posted at Brothers Dim
A Saturday Special at Jo's Cafe
Dessert at Basil's



Day By Day© by Chris Muir.