Image courtesy of Cooltext.com

This is the old site. Click the title to go to the new Shoot a Liberal.

*Disclaimer: Don't actually shoot liberals... Impaling is much more satisfying. But then again, there's always walking the plank...

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Tech Support Nightmares

I've always loved stories about the horrors of tech support calls, probably because I don't have to deal with the general public in my job. My brother, on the other hand, does have to do the tech support thing. I asked him what his favorite call was. Here it is, via email:

Hmmm...My favorite tech support call goes like this:

-----
"Hi! I've got this phone and it's not going."
"What type of phone is it?"
"It's a long-range cordless."
"What's the model?"
"Where do I find that?"
"Underneath the battery of the handset or underneath the base station."
*phone gets disconnected*
*client calls back*
"Sorry - I unplugged the battery and the phone disconnected..."
-----

True story, unfortunately. There should be a sign people see before
they call tech support. "You're IQ must be this tall to make this
call."
Note how the customer is making the call from the phone that is "not going". I don't think I'll be quitting my job anytime soon...

Thanks Jermcool.



Day By Day© by Chris Muir.