Image courtesy of Cooltext.com

This is the old site. Click the title to go to the new Shoot a Liberal.

*Disclaimer: Don't actually shoot liberals... Impaling is much more satisfying. But then again, there's always walking the plank...

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Pledge or Get Out.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
and to the republic for which it stands
one nation,
under God,
indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all.

Back when I was in school, I recited this with hand over heart, never really understanding what it all meant. After I enlisted, it made a lot more sense. I was a part of a great country that wanted my loyalty and I was gladly affirming my patriotism.

So how can these words be perceived as unconstitutional? Go figure that the case was heard in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. I don't think those idiots have picked up a copy of the constitution in their entire time on the bench.

How about we exercise some patriotism for once, instead of bashing on everything our founding fathers created? Why do people live in this country if they hate so much about it? We are a nation created by faith in God. "In God We Trust." Live with it or live somewhere else.



Day By Day© by Chris Muir.