Image courtesy of Cooltext.com

This is the old site. Click the title to go to the new Shoot a Liberal.

*Disclaimer: Don't actually shoot liberals... Impaling is much more satisfying. But then again, there's always walking the plank...

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Amidst Tragedy Rise the Heroes

I see the pictures taken from New Orleans and feel a deep sense of hopelessness for the people displaced by Katrina. Where do you go when you no longer have a home, job, clothes or food? I have made my donation but there is not much more I can do personally.

Just when all seems lost, I read this in the Las Vegas Review-Journal. I'm glad to see our community doing what they can. There are so many houses being built here and so many job opportunities. I hope that survivors can come to Las Vegas and set up a new life for themselves.

Idea: Castaways hotel has been closed down but the rooms are still there. Open the hotel temporarily to give these people a place to live while they find employment and a permanent residence.



Day By Day© by Chris Muir.